Monday, October 14, 2013

Why Do I Blog?

As a child of the social media explosion, the notion of privacy and discretion prevailed upon to my almost wanting to give up all social media, were it not for those few long distance love ones. I didn't want to aspire to someone else's attention or unload my burdens and pleasures on an unsuspecting private group of friends and acquaintances. So you can understand why any musings over having a blog were quickly brushed aside. I had more important things to do. I had spent enough of my life focused on drawing attention to myself, now I want to immerse myself in my family and in helping others in my own sphere of influence.

Yet one day I had to concede that there were too many voices deriding motherhood, homemaking, and marriage. We needed more people who spoke of the good that they feel in these vitally important roles. I needed to put in my two mites of support for what the world needs most: more focus on families and others and less on ourselves.

So that is why I blog, because I am happy and love my life and my family and want others to know what joy it all can be . I want to pass on what I have learned and support others who are having hard times or adjusting to this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment