Friday, November 1, 2013

Exercise

Today I started on my goal of waking up at 5am to train for a 5k. I was tired from tra elling so I gave myself an extra 15 minutes of sleep when I set my alarm clock last night. Of course I failed to lay out everything so it was 5:30 by the time I left, so I ended up with about 15 minutes of exercise time and not wanting to strain myself--knowing the demanding day ahead-- I decided to simply power walk today. Then I ran into a friend from the ward who teaches college english.

I always enjoy talking with him and his wife. He was walking at slower, cool down pace than what I intended keep. I debated whether to settle for just a polite "good morning " salutation over slowing down for conversation. I remembered that people are more important than things. I slowed down

We was curious about Hero's plans for after graduation and I told him about our plans for grad school and then about the children. I did most of the talking. We parted ways at the same time, and immediately I regretted being so chatty. My friend mentioned that this was his last semester teaching english, there are so many interesting things he knows. I am trying to be a good listener, so my chagrin over that conversation was double measure.

If I had but askd more questions I could have had much more from that interaction

1 comment:

  1. Good observations. And I also like, "People are more important than things."

    ReplyDelete