Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Hero

Hero has lamented more than once, that once the children wake him up he cannot get back to sleep. I tease him and say things like, "Oh, you just aren't tired enough" or "Just watch me, I am a professional at going back to sleep" --with a smirk. it's partly du to this being his last semester, his mind is a constant buzz of workworkwork-- he's keeping a dozen plates spinning.

Hildebrandt woke up at 5am to nurse this morning, I wasn't ready for it so instead of nursing in my glider and I hefted that chubby buddy back to bed with me (ooo...my back). There were few hiccups in getting everything going and my wee one made sure I knew about them. Hildebrandt is destined to be the next Pavarotti. I winced as I heard my sleepy husband let out in involuntary sigh and roll over--I hadn't thought about how hard it is for him to go back to sleep.

I apologized and promised that next time I would nurse in the children's bedroom. He said it was ok and countered that I was more comfortable nursing in bed.

"It is better that to be considerate, than comfortable" I thought to myself

Hero let me sleep in this morning while he got Fiona out of bed and made her breakfast.

In all relationships, but especially in marriage, I think it is better to be considerate than comfortable.




No comments:

Post a Comment